The goals of this workshop will be:
- to introduce the large amounts of public procurement data unlocked by Opentender.eu
- to explore ways through which it can be use in improving transparency in public administrations.
- The workshop includes also feedback by end-users (e.g. public officials, journalists, developers and civil society).
Participants will have the chance:
- to improve their knowledge on transparency and public procurement data
- to work with big data on public procurement
- to create a network among different experts on anticorruption and transparency
How is the workshop organised?
- 10-10.15: Participants registration
- 10.15-11.45: Presentation of DIGIWHIST
- DIGIWHIST goals, data type and their collection, cleaning and sharing
- Red flags of inefficiency and opacity
- Presentation of opentender.eu
- 11.45-12.00: Coffee break
- 12.00-12.30: Presentation of YourDataStories project (to be confirmed)
- 12:30-13:30: Lunch break
- 13:30-16:00: How to use Opentender.eu
- Participants will be guided through the use of the portal: download, analysis and evaluation of the public procurement data on the portal. The data can be used for simple analysis or analysis of specific cases.
- 16.00-16.30: Evaluation phase and workshop closure
Time & Location
September 30th, 2017 – 10 am – 5 pm BonnLAB – Zingsheimstraße 2, in Bonn-Beuel
The contact persons are
- Prof. Francesco Calderoni (email@example.com)
- Martina Rotondi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send questions about the event to:
- Damian Paderta (email@example.com)
- This workshop is free-of-charge with limited seats available on a first-come-first-served basis
- Meals are provided
- The workshop will be in English