The 2017 edition of the IFIP EGOV-EPART conference, the annual conference of IFIP Working Group 8.5, continues to host five topical tracks. Two general tracks will maintain the tradition of EGOV and EPART. Three special-topics tracks expand the reach and scope of the IFIP WG 8.5 annual conference:
- The General E-Government Track serves as an umbrella for all e-government-related topics except the special-topics tracks. In particular, it also covers emerging and special topics in e-government research.
- The General eParticipation Track serves as an umbrella for all eParticipation-related topics except the special-topic tracks. It focuses on research topics regarding citizen engagement in public affairs, and, in particular, on research that studies participation facilitated by information and communication technologies.
- The Open Government & Open and Big Data Track focuses on practices and methods of transparency, accountability, public big data sharing, data for improving public value, and data analytics.
- The Policy Modeling and Policy Informatics Track focuses on supporting public policy-making with innovative ICT involving relevant stakeholders. The scope ranges from policy analysis and conceptual modeling to programming and visualization of simulation models.
- The Smart Governance, Smart Government, Smart Cities & Smart Regions Track focuses on the orchestrated interplay and balance of smart governance practices, smart public administration, smart resource and talent leverage in urban and regional spaces facilitated by novel uses of ICTs and other technologies.
Despite some intentional overlap, the five tracks cover and emphasize distinct areas of research and appeal to specific and important sub-communities within the overall IFIP WG 8.5 scholarly community. Therefore the tracks have their separate and detailed call for papers.
The Multi-Track IFIP EGOV-EPART conference will tack place at The St. Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University),
9 Lomonosova St,
St Petersburg, Russia, 191002
ITMO University is one of the leading higher education institutions in Russia, providing training and research in advanced science, humanities, engineering and technology. Founded in 1900, ITMO University has grown to an organization with over 13,000 students and earned its name “National Research University,” blending the culture of innovation and discovery with world-class education.
The E-Governance Center (eGov Centre) was launched in May 2009 as a department at the ITMO University. Its purpose is to concentrate intellectual and organizational resources in order to support the development and dissemination of eGovernment / Open Government solutions in Russia and Eurasia.