On 29 January 2018 our DIGIWHIST Project Final Conference took place at the European Parliament (Altiero Spinelli building) in Brussels.
For everyone who missed the event or who wants to re-listen to the presentations and discussions here are the recordings of the event and the downloadable presentation slides of the respective conference speakers.
● Benedek Jávor (MEP): Welcome from the host
● Ella McPherson (University of Cambridge): Welcome from DIGIWHIST
Session 1: Transparency and data availability in European public procurement. How far have we gotten and what needs to be done?
● Jiri Skuhrovec (DIGIWHIST): Data availability, transparency, and data
gaps. Presentation available here: Skuhrovec_session1_digiwhist final conf_180129
● Commentators: Gavin Hayman (Open Contracting Partnership),
Friedrich Lindenberg (OCCRP).
Session 2: Snapshot of government favoritism in European public procurement
● Mihaly Fazekas (DIGIWHIST): Risk assessment methods, risk areas and policy lessons. Presentation available here: Fazekas_session2_digiwhist final conf_180128
● Commentators: Ana Gomes (MEP), Frank Michlik (OLAF). Presentation available here: Michlik_20180129 Snapshot of government favoritism in European public procurement
Session 3: How to reform to address problems, the interaction between legal arrangements and civil society activism (digital whistleblowing)
● Aram Khaghaghordyan (DIGIWHIST): Europam. Presentation available here: Khaghaghordyan_session3_EuroPAM_180122
● Mara Mendes (DIGIWHIST): opentender. Presentation available here: Mendes_session3_Opentender_180122
● Francesco Calderoni (DIGIWHIST): risk assessment software. Presentation available here: Calderoni_session3_METsoftware29012018
● Commentators: Gustavo Piga (University of Rome). Presentation available here: Piga_Session3, Carl Dolan (TI Europe)
Session 4: The EU’s role: What should Europe do next?
● Intro & moderation: Alina Mungiu-Pippidi (DIGIWHIST)
● Concluding panel: Monica Macovei (MEP), Pascal Boijmans (DG REGIO), Nikita Stampa (DG GROW),
Jean-François Junger (DG Connect)
The comments are closed.